our number one priority.
- Weekly Safety Notices and Updates
- Comprehensive Employee Safety and Policy Handbook
- Targeted On-Going Training Programs ensuring OSHA Compliance
- Tool Box Talks
- Job Hazard Analysis/Job Safety Analysis
- Corrective Actions Program
- Customer-Specific Training Programs
Pennsylvania State Certified
Funk Safety Committee
Funk Construction’s Safety Committee is certified with the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry, Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. The purpose of our Safety Committee is to bring field personnel and managers together to develop and maintain a system that promotes a safe and healthy workplace. Everyone – all stakeholders – are committed to achieving that goal.
- The Committee is comprised of management leaders and field employees representing all facets of the company.
- Committee members meet monthly, establish meeting agendas, maintain attendance lists and issue meeting minutes.
- All Committee members are trained by an individual sanctioned in industry-standard “Safety Committee Protocols” including the latest personal protective equipment upgrades, hazard inspection, accident investigation, and miscellaneous incident reports.
- Funk Construction has received numerous industry-issued construction safety awards and certificates while also earning distinct standing in keeping Worker’s Compensation claims at industry lows.
- Loss prevention and control achievement levels are among the best.
- Comprehensive Employee Safety and Policy Handbook.
- A decade of Safety Committee Certifications from the PA State Department of Labor.
- “Silver Safety Awards” from the Associated Builders and Contractors (“ABC”) for three consecutive years.